I highly recommend swaddling for newborns. I rarely recommend a specific swaddle wrap. I tend to use a muslin blanket. This swaddle was recommended to me by another doula when we were discussing some issues a couple of my clients were having with the regular swaddling methods.
I have to say, I love it! below i list some of the benefits and a couple of cons.
- Super soft material (cotton/spandex blend).
- 4 way stretch cotton (so it gives in any direction).
- Lightweight and breathable fabric to prevent from overheating.
- Stretchflex pouch brings legs back to fetal position (this is key and unique to this sleep swaddler).
- Velcro does not touch baby (and it is soft too).
- Instructions on garment .
- Secure sleeve pocket sleeves allow for arm mobility, but stretch brings arms back to place (helps to control the startle reflex).
- Ensures true fetal position of arms and legs.
- No worries about legs being too tight since the pouch allows for movement (so baby doesn’t feel trapped, but brings them back to that secure position).
- 100% Money Back Guarantee (who can beat that?)..
- Available in multiple sizes and transitional models.
- Well constructed.
- Machine washable (thank goodness).
- Unlike a blanket, will not grow with baby (most non-blanket swaddlers are like this).
- Like traditional swaddling, there are multiple steps (but with practice, it will become easier…like most things).
- Proper fit is essential.
- The price point is a bit high at $39.99 – especially if you want to buy a few (most of the specialty swaddlers are a bit pricey).